On the day there will be a hands on workshop of cellular and molecular biology allowing budding explorers to take part in five different discovery activities. These include building a 3D cell jigsaw, preparing a cheek cell slide, viewing cells under the microscope, extracting DNA and building DNA models. Every participant will have the opportunity to practice all activities.
The Cell EXPLORERS workshop is supported by a SFI Discover award
Capacity: 80 (2 shows of 40)
Shows: 2 shows will run in parallel at the following time: 11.00 12.30 14.00 15.30
Suitable for: parents and children (from 6 years old)
- I learned a lot – amazing!
- I used to not like science but now I love it too much!
- Great day. It was cool! It was fun!
- I want to in particular compliment the Cell EXPLORERS team. Their workshop on Sunday was outstanding. It really made biology interesting. My three children 12,10 and 8 really enjoyed it as did I.
- It was very very good. SUPER. Excellent festival and great students. Well organised- flowed perfectly well done. Excellent staff/demonstrators. Staff brilliant. Brilliantly presented by enthusiastic scientists. Can’t wait for next year – my son loved it!